Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nice To Meet You... I'm Awkward.


Freshman Year. Utah State University. Living in Snow Hall.
My beautiful, silly roommate Kalli Jones suggested we run around all the floors and meet new people. Probably she just wanted to meet boys... but I didn't really have a problem with that at all. We made our way through the dorm, meeting a few people here and there, and mostly acting like weirdo's. I think Kalli asked some girls we just met if she could take pictures in their room. Finally we made it to the fifth floor. We ended up in front of a door that was partially open, knocked a couple times and waited patiently, but no one came.
So we opened the door.
It was obviously a boys room, because the bedroom doors had their names on them. We found a piece of paper and wrote a note to them. "Hey! We came by to meet you, but you guys weren't here. Come by and say hey!" And then we signed it... Lyndsay Simmons and Stacia Ellis. Kalli and I ran back to our room giggling about our prank, and a few days later, it was forgotten. That is, until we heard a knock on our door.
Stacia answered it, and two boys were standing there. They asked her if Lyndsay and Stacia were at the apartment, and it just so happened that Lyndsay was not. However, Stacia was left to deal with them. Kalli and I promptly burst into hysterical laughter that could only be contained by running to the bathroom and locking ourselves inside. We could hear Stacia's awkward conversation in the kitchen. "Hi, I'm Stacia... I'm anti-social. And mute."
Finally, Kalli and I came out to assess the damage. The boys obviously had no idea what was happening to them, so we gave them some homemade twix and sent them on their way.
Sometimes I wish I was still a Freshman.

p.s Happy Birthday week Stacia Ellis :)

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahah oh Madeline! This just made me giggle out loud and I am totally at the computer lab. I look so cool right now. But Lady i love love love this. Freshmen year was grand. I miss you girls lets be friends!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...