Monday, December 20, 2010

seven layer dip

That's it. I'm not telling you guys the answer. You have had like, a day, to vote on the story you think is fake, and so far only my friend Ashley has voted. Until I get 16 comments on that post, I am not telling you the answer. And that's that.

Today I had a family Christmas party. I realized today that my family is crazy. We aren't perfect by a long shot. Somehow, we all love each other, and accept each other for all of the weirdness. I was sitting on a window ledge next to my great-grandma and my mom, every now and then chiming into their conversation, but mostly just watching people. There were the new people in the family getting to know everyone, a little puppy curled up on the floor, my sister and uncle teasing each other mercilessly, my grandma bustling around and making sure everyone was happy, a plate of truffles gets passed around. My grandparents announced they are going on their third mission. I'm so excited for them to go, but I can't help but wonder what they're going to miss in my life. At least we'll go visit them, which is exciting, because I've never been to England. I lean down to listen to my great-grandma Gubler ask me a question. She's so sweet. I never want to lose her. I laugh at her question and joke with her like we're friends. We are friends. My mom, Grandma Gubler and I decide to never make a quilt again. My mom says that we all knew while we made the quilt that it probably wasn't going to work out, it would be a lesson. All three of us nod as we think of the quilt being used. It's so warm, so soft, so huge. Will it remain all alone, worn out before it could be shared with anyone else?
I hope that's not the case.

p.s. I wanna hold your ha-a-a-a-and I wanna hold your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...