Thursday, February 24, 2011

tell me, that we belong together

I am going to do something I never do... and copy someone else. My friend Stacia has this incredibly interesting, funny, and wonderful blog that I get insanely excited about reading. And today she wrote this post which correlates directly with this post. And I felt inspired to do the same thing. Thanks, Stacia.

We were sitting at your house, talking about life. You were explaining to me all of the things that you needed to do, and I was nodding along calmly. I laughed at something you said, and you started talking to me about the color code personalities. Red, Blue, Yellow, White. I'm a yellow/white, you told me. Then you said I would end up with a blue personality. You're a yellow/red. That's when I knew you were not the one.

When the only movies you would watch with me had to be dumb comedies, or boring action flicks, and they had to be made within the past year, I knew you were not the one.

When you took me on a date and we talked for a really long time, and I was thinking that you were a lot greater than I remembered you... I thought maybe we could have a good story. Then you called me by the wrong name. I knew you weren't the one.

When you got back together with your ex-girlfriend after I didn't kiss you on that mountain, I knew you weren't the one.

I thought you were really cool, but when we hung out I would always start sweating with awkwardness. It wasn't me who was being awkward. I knew you weren't the one.

I knew you weren't the one when I realized that if we were ever together, I would be the boy and you would be the girl based on the level of drama you cause and my total lack of caring.

And these are just some of the memories... but I got bored writing about them. As a disclaimer, all of these guys were amazing people. They just weren't the one.

p.s. last day with my first graders. kind of bittersweet.


8 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love it! It is funny reading the ridiculous moments that opened our eyes. Once, Justin told me he broke up with a girl because she had hairy arms, then assured me that my arms were completely fine. Thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is logan really the one that forgot? how embarrassing. that doesn't deserve a poem/story/song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Logan is so rude. Write him a mean song now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the dramatic kid deserves another chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I either know him really really well or I have no idea who you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny that the one who you didn't kiss on the mountain became the one you married. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...