Tuesday, May 17, 2011

la la la whatever

I was driving to my friend Sarah's house today, to make a wonderful treat, and the route brought back a stream of memories. As I passed by the dimly lit, empty tennis court, I remembered a summer night nearly a year ago, playing tennis on that very court. And standing outside in the dark by a car, talking a lot, because I didn't know how soon it would be over. And not knowing... never knowing, what was about to happen next.

And when I got home, I opened a folder in my email entitled "TOP SECRET". And I was thinking about sharing some of it with you all... because everyone loves a little summer romance!

May 26, 2010 at 11:18 p.m.

So... I wasn't going to email you this right away, but then I thought to myself, "I think Sam* really wanted this song... he acted like he didn't, but pretty sure he would be a little sad if he didn't have it asap. In fact, I think he would be pretty depressed. It is a good song after all. And he might want to listen to it while he travels to Provo and St. George and all the other places he happens to travel to." So, after thinking all of those thoughts to myself, I decided that I should actually send you the song. Let me know if it works or not!


Your Nauvoo Friend Who Is Giving You A Good Song And Hopes You Enjoy It A Lot,
Madeline


May 27, 2010 at 09:07 a.m.


Hey Madeline!!

My "Nauvoo Friend Who Is Giving Me A Good Song And Hopes I Enjoy It A Lot" is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing your entire thought process with me, too. Now I know exactly HOW you decided to send the song to me with such promptness. :) I'm listening to it right now.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for chilling with me yesterday, it was really fun, even though you beat me in foursquare. You also were faster on the first obstacle course. Maybe i need a rematch?

Cordially,

Your friend who gets excited when you're around,

Sam*



And while that may not seem like the most exciting exchange of emails... I promise you, it got better. Do you want to hear the story? I'm in a good mood, and feel like I could tell it. Gather closely, I don't want to have to use my loud voice... 


Just say the word, and the story is yours. Until then... I leave you with these unremarkable emails.


p.s. the treats we made were good.


*names have been changed for the normal reason.

2 comments:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...