Tuesday, July 26, 2011

that's why i smile

Sometimes, life gets turned upside down.
Plans get changed, ruined, rearranged, made, broken...
Things don't always turn out the way you pictured.
The timing isn't right, the place isn't right, the people aren't right.
Something gets in the way of your goals, wishes, hopes, desires.
And it hurts, a lot.
It seems like nothing is going right, and you're tired, and hopeless, and unhappy.
You know what I'm talking about, we've all had those days.
But I can tell you, this too shall pass.
Everything happens for a reason.
And just because things didn't turn out the way you planned,
doesn't mean they won't turn out better than you planned.
There's always something good, just around the corner.
So be patient.
Cross your fingers, and wait.
With a smile, of course.
You know, it's a proven fact that every time you smile you get happier.

my bff Haley and I. We have matching glasses. Jealous? You should be.
p.s. sometimes... text messages melt my heart a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. what's the text message? tell us madeline tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every part of this post! Including Abi's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a comment on your blog is an appropriate first contact with you for some reason.

    This made me cry a little bit. But I kind of want to memorize it and recite it over and over and over and over and over until... I don't have to recite it anymore.

    Love you, MadHouse.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...