Wednesday, January 19, 2011

high life scenery

I know how to be happy.
Every choice I make in my life will hopefully bring me a happier consequence.
Fear, disappointment, sadness, loneliness, anger... these are not words I use to describe how I feel often.
My friend Carli says she wants me to have a bad day. 
Sorry folks, it's not going to happen.
 Not because I don't feel all of those other feelings - I do. 
It's because I don't let them define me. 
I don't let one silly bad thing happen to me in the day, and let that change my attitude. 
It's about choice.
I think I realized something yesterday. 
I tell myself all the time that I need to be brave. 
I need to take chances, have courage, be strong. 
Be happy. 
I can't do that
I need to be sad sometimes
I need to be angry sometimes
I need to feel disappointed, lonely, discouraged, hurt
I need to be more open, more vulnerable
Bravery is good. 
Happiness is good. 
Trying new things is good. 
Going out of your comfort zone is good. 
Being tough is good. 
But crying is also good. 
Taking chances and being let down, putting yourself out there and getting rejected, failing... all of that can be good too.
Because let's face it, the times I have been the most happy, the most excited about life, are when things are changing for me. Changing because of a success or a failure. Changing because of a happy or a sad feeling. I need both. 
Time to grit my teeth, clench my fists, and take a stand
Time to be BRAVE enough to FEEL something.

p.s. I can see the sun and the blue sky right now.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me think. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Hannah became your 25th follower. Doesn't that mean it's time to thank your fans again? I think so!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...