Friday, December 17, 2010

Wanna Hear a Story?

Yesterday I was at work. I'm not going to tell you where I work, but if you like really awesome and freaky fast sandwiches, contact me. My boss asked me if I could make my way back to the freezer and grab some more cheese to be sliced. I bopped on over to the freezer, opened the door, and stepped in. The cheese was on the top shelf in a box, so I had to kind of reach, but finally I pulled it out of the box. Just as I retrieved the cheese, I heard a SLAM! The freezer door had shut on me. My stomach dropped and I had a moment of panic. In one second I remembered all of the movies and TV shows I had seen where people got stuck in freezers. (There aren't that many, but I mean, it's always been a concern of mine.) I turned around ready to bang on the door with all of my might for someone to free me, when what appeared right in front of my face? A sign that read, "Don't worry, you are not locked in."

Last night, I attended a Christmas party. We were required to bring white elephant gifts that were funny but also useful, so it wasn't just a bunch of junk. I bought a Toy Story 3 card game that came with 2 pairs of 3D glasses! (Congratulations, Taylor). It was quite a riot, exchanging the gifts. We all got a bit confused whenever we heard the word "skip" but in the end, we all had a present. I received a Robert Pattinson Calendar. (Thank you, Kenzie). If you don't know who he is, more power to you. Google him. Anyway, the calendar ended up in my car, and I spent the rest of the night jumping on couches and beds and playing truth or dare. In the morning I had to scrape the ice off of my car. I live in a very cold place, and ice is pretty normal. As I was scraping off the passenger window, I saw a face looking back at me. It was good ole' Robert - pale skin, red lips, messy hair and all. I jumped.

Today, I had to wear a headband because basically I was having a bad hair day. One of those big headbands with a flower. When I was at my other job - working at the desk - an old man came in.This is pretty normal, don't worry, old men come in all the time. The first thing he said to me was, "You look like you're wearing a Christmas Bonnet!" I politely laughed, and waited for him to tell me what he needed. I know what you're thinking I'm going to say - That I'll never wear this headband again? Wrong. Who doesn't like a festive Christmas Bonnet?

p.s. I was so excited to drive home today, that when I had my car all packed up and pulled out of my parking spot, I screamed "CHRISTMAS!!!!!!"

4 comments:

  1. Christmas bonnets are cool, I think the mennonites would agree with me on this one. I also Lol'ed when you said getting shut into a freezer is a concern of your's, also when you jumped because Robert P. was creeping in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scared for you for a min. I watched the Brady Bunch yesterday and the kids got locked in the meat locker. It was terrible.

    P.S. Team Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you let the whole world know about your freezer story because it made me laugh. also, i will post those epic jumping pictures, i promise. sometimes i scream when i'm by myself in the car too. actually i think that only happened once. it was because i was really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU, Madeline. The cards will be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...